Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nobody said being a Christian wasn't dangerous!

I was reading the blog Abba's Little Girl this afternoon when I saw this interesting re-print of a news story about somebody spraypainting "Kill the Cathlics!" [sic] on a church's exterior wall. I'm glad that I live in a land where human life is protected (at least AFTER the umbilical chord is severed), but this reminds me that being an American does not totally protect me from the persecution about which Jesus speaks.

Paul of Tarsus writes to the church at Ephesus, "...Our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand" (Eph. 6:12-13 HCSB). Even though we are not in a war against flesh and blood, we are in a war all the same: a war against the Antichrist. I believe that we should not delude ourselves by thinking that our Christianity protects us from persecution.

No comments:

Post a Comment